Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Debreifing Colloquium

The personal meaning that I acquired from this colloquium class would have to be the realization that I am always inside. I never really get to experience the nature right outside my window. To think of it, I never even open the blinds to my windows nor do I even open the window itself to smell the outside air. I constantly keep myself busy indoors to the point where I spend about, on average, only an hour outside out of twenty-four hours in a day.

The academic meaning that I related from this class was a little bit harder to connect to from colloquium. I did however; learn a few ways to improve certain habits in the medical field in which directly relate to nursing. I learned through colloquium that hospitals could increase their sustainability by purchasing items that are reusable rather than those items that have to be disposed after one use.

The highpoint of this class was most definitely the field trips in which I really got to connect somewhat with my environment. Although it was extremely hot and humid, it was nice to see the wildlife and the nature that flourishes around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment