Tuesday, November 17, 2009

FGCU Nature Trails

For five of my service learning hours per my requirement I chose to participate in the Florida Gulf Coast University nature trail clean up. While participating in the clean up I really felt at peace and for once, a little closer to the environment. It was a little saddening to see that quite a few people were doing the best they could to get out of as much work as they could. Some would walk really slowly in order to get out of work and pretending to rake. Also another issue was that some of the people were actually cutting down perfectly good cypress trees just for fun with the machetes. I was very excited and glad that they put a hammock up in the cypress hammock in the beginning of trails. I really hope that this will get the attention of some of the students and they will then come and enjoy and hopefully appreciate their outdoor environment a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment