Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Echo


Before visiting Echo I had no clue what having little resources meant until I arrived and took the tour. It was hard to imagine that people did not have the resources to properly filter and create drinkable water. To think, most people that live in the United States complain about drinking tap water, which is perfectly safe to drink. I also had no idea that people were getting lung cancer from just the way in which they prepared the food with wood and fire inside their homes. People are just trying to feed themselves and their family and are dying from it. That is disheartening. I also did not know that there are entire communities that do not have enough land to plant their own farms. It was inspiring to see the ways that Echo came up with to overcome these obstacles. I enjoyed learning about all the different ways to change all of the above hardships and actually improve their quality of life by simple things. These are the moments when I have faith in people and their ability to overcome greed.

No comments:

Post a Comment